“Chocolate is cheaper than therapy, & you don’t need an appointment”
Okay so this overly inflated Blog Title may or may not be a slight exaggeration, but this mason jar hot chocolate is pretty darn cute, is it not? I wish that I could take credit for this adorable DIY, but truth be told I was totally inspired by my Aunt Liz, whom is essentially Martha Stewart 2.0. Every year around Christmas, my Aunt gives out these cookie/baked goods recipes in mason jars to friends & family, & they are just SUCH a hit.. so I thought I’d try my hand at a hot chocolate version! This is a super easy & cost-effective hostess gift with the most perfect personal touch! Enjoy!
DIY Mason Jar Hot Chocolate: For The Hostess
If you’re attending a Holiday or Christmas Party this weekend, whip up one of these bad boys to give to the hostess with the mostess… or just keep it for yourself, curl up by the fire & throw on The Holiday – seriously best Christmas Movie EVER!
Here’s What You’ll Need…
For The Hot Chocolate
- Original Camino Hot Chocolate ** Certified Organic & Fair-trade, & free from gluten & GMO’s.
- Dandies All Natural Marshmallows ** These marshmallows are 100% vegan (contain NO gelatin) & they’re free from high fructose or corn syrup!
- Heat resistant Mason Jar with sealable lid
- Crushed Natural Candy Cane ** Purchased from Ambrosia Natural Foods – like ALL of my purchases 😛 I used a blender to crush mine! It seriously takes like two seconds to break down!
For The White Chocolate Dipped Spoon
- One Spoon
- Melted White Chocolate – I used Green & Blacks white chocolate; ethically sourced & organic
- Crushed Natural Candy Cane
- Fill 3/4 of your mason jar with hot chocolate
- Top it off with marshmallows
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top
White Chocolate Dipped Spoon
- Dip the top of the spoon into white chocolate
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane onto the part of the spoon dipped in white chocolate
- Place the spoon in the freezer for about 15 minutes so that the chocolate dries
- Tie the spoon around the mason jar with twine
- Voila! Perfect little hostess gift! *** When you stir the hot chocolate with the spoon, the white chocolate & crushed candy cane melts into the drink…. seriously amazing!
- Simply pour hot water into the mason jar, stir with your white chocolate spoon… & bottom’s up!
Will you be gifting this over the holidays?!