“Happy hour is the best hour”
Yes. Jam cocktails are totally a thing… I’m seriously just as shocked as you are! Or maybe you’re not shocked & I’ve just been living under a rock for the past few years (yes, no?). ANY-WHO, as soon as I found out that this sweet concoction actually existed, I knew that I wanted to give this bad boy a try! I’m thinking that backyard, summer BBQ’s would be the perfect place to serve your guests this sweet, seasonal treat!
Jam… So much more than just “PB & J Sandwiches”
I was actually inspired to create this jam cocktail from the team over at Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread! Upon browsing through their utterly stunning Instagram feed, I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon a cucumber, coconut water & jam cocktail! YUUUUMMMMM. Turns out, they have an entire e-book dedicated solely to jam cocktail concoctions!!! MIND BLOWN!
Below is a “healthy” strawberry jam & lime mojito recipe that is so incredibly refreshing, I cannot wait for all of you to try it!!! Even my dad, who might I add is an extremely picky individual, absolutely loved it!! ENJOY!
Ingredients (makes two cocktails)
- 4 tablespoons of Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread (in place of simple syrup) – I purchased mine from Ambrosia Natural Foods (obvs – plus it’s on sale this month)
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 6 strawberries
- Club Soda
- White Rum
- Limes – to garnish
- Place the fruit spread, mint & strawberries into a glass/mixer to “muddle” – Side-note: I had NO idea what this meant (I’m a total cocktail newb, what can I say?!), so I had to google it!
- Add the lime juice to the mixer
- Fill two separate cups with ice
- Add equal amounts of the muddled fruit spread, mint & strawberry into each glass
- Add desired amount of rum *** Note: This drink is JUST as good without the rum, it makes for the most perfect refresher!!!
- Fill the remainder of glass with the club soda
Will you be trying this out?!