“Girls just wanna have fun”
In case the plethora of cliched “toursity” photos uploaded to Instagram over the weekend didn’t tip you off… I was in Nashville celebrating my cousin’s Bachelorette party!!! To be completely honest I kind of strongly dislike country music, so I was a little skeptical about the whole trip, however despite my uncertainties Nashville completely blew me AWAY! Friends – IT. WAS. AMAZING. Like amaaaaaaaaazing. So I am more than excited to be outlining a few different activities that are perfect for the wellness minded Bachelorette party!
5 Activities For The Wellness Minded Bachelorette Party
First & foremost, I’d like to clarify that this particular Bachelorette party was most definitely NOT a wellness minded celebration. I mean let’s be serious, Nashville = country music, Southern food & whiskey. Nonetheless, one can always hope to squeeze in a little spare time for some health & fitness here & there during the festivities! Below are some of my healthy picks to fit in between sippin’ on those cocktails – Side note: I tried to keep in mind that this is still most definitely a Bachelorette party AKA: I threw in a few fun, totally ludicrous ones too!
1. Spa Days
Whether indulging in a St. Anne’s spa getaway or pampering yourselves at the Shangri La right here in Toronto, spa days are so perfect for a more low-key, healthier affair. The bride is likely going to be a bit tense from all of that wedding planning, so spoiling her at the spa is a great way to help ease all of those pre-wedding jitters. Detox, relax & rejuvinate… sounds kind of amazing. And what the heck, throw in a little bubbly while you’re at it. Options to consider are:
- Christienne Fallsview Spa, Niagara – The view is stunning (floor to ceiling windows overlooking Niagara Falls) & the prices are relatively reasonable if you opt for an overnight package at The Sheraton. Not to mention, Niagara is so quintessential Torontonian Bachelorette city!
- At home spa parties – I did this for my 25th birthday & totally loved it! There are a few different salons here in Toronto that provide spa services right in your very own home; making for a more casual, intimate vibe! PS. methinks that personal, monogrammed silk robes for those in attendance would be insanely cute!
- Scandinave Spa – Ultra luxurious, ultra fabulous. Need I say more?
2. Bicycle Wine Tours
This is something that I’ve never done before, but I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try! To me this gives off a very romantic, Euro vibe… right in Niagara! Plus you’re cycling around all day so you don’t necessarily have to feel badly about all of the calories you’re consuming with the wine samples!
I’ve recently been obsessed with all things winter, which only increased dramatically when one of my all-time idols Jillian Harris hosted the most whimsical Bachelorette party in Whistler last year! I’m envisioning lots of outdoor activities (snowshoeing, snowboarding, cross country skiing etc), steam baths, hot tubs, vino… the whole shebang! There is seriously nothing better than a full day of winter activities, followed by red wine & a roasting fire. Not to mention, snowshoeing & cross country skiing is so super physically demanding, so you’ll look extra fab in that wedding or bridesmaid dress! – Every little bit counts, am I right?! Options to consider are:
- Cottage Country – Cottage country is literally littered with snowshoe & cross country trails! If you’ve got a friend that has a winterized cottage, this would be a perfect (& cost-effective) way to get active & enjoy the Great White North & celebrate the bride-to-be!
- Collingwood – I’ve always felt that Collingwood has a bit of a glamorous flare! This ski town is a mere hour and a half outside of the city, so nobody will have to take time off from work to partake in this getaway! Plus they have LOTS to choose from in terms of winter adventures!
4. Pedal Taverns
Minus the fact that this is literally a moving, fully functioning tavern… pedal taverns will make you WERK! We went on a pedal tavern tour of Nashville & it was SO fun yet SO hard on the legs! In our defense, Nashville is rather hill-y, however I like to think that I spin quite frequently & I continuously found myself to be pretty breathless throughout the entirety of our tour! If you happen to be celebrating in a city that hosts pedal taverns… DO IT!
5. Vegan Cooking Lessons
This would be a really great, fun way to learn how to cook healthy, plant-based meals! Incorporating more vegan dishes into your diet is so important, but does take a ton of planning, so enlisting the help of a plant based cooking instructor for the night would be both helpful & entertaining! Not to mention, more plant based foods in your diet = more of that gorgeous, wedding glow! Plus, you can enjoy the fruits of your labour after the lessons are finished… over a cocktail of course!
What are some of your favourite Bachelorette activities?!